Novi Memory and Dementia Care
Waltonwood Senior Living's person-centered approach improves the quality of life for our Alzheimer's and memory care residents. Waltonwood at Twelve Oaks has a small, intimate community designed specifically for people with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia, promoting a social atmosphere and safety.
Waltonwood utilizes caring and loving support to communicate with and assist those with memory impairment. We accommodate the changing needs of our residents so they can continue in pursuit of purposeful living.
- Family member partnerships offer you an opportunity to be included in every aspect of your loved one's care.
- Tailored care plans meet the specific needs of each resident with the goal of preserving life patterns in a comforting home-like setting.
- Memory Care life enrichment coordinator creates individual programs and small group activities encouraging participation in daily interactive social activities.
- Our goal is to restore a resident's sense of self and help them overcome the fearful anxiety of memory decline.
- Our staff has in-depth knowledge of the specific needs for those with memory impairment.
- We are dedicated to providing gentle encouragement and support while helping residents make their own decisions.
Our design expertise is reflected in:
- Varying wall colors to delineate rooms and help with identification
- Personalized room ledge and memory box outside each apartment to assist in residents' association with their home.
- On-site wellness center and continuous monitoring by a licensed nurse.
- Inviting secure outdoor courtyard for gardening, bird watching or just enjoying the outdoors.
- Secured environment
Memory Care Apartment Features:
- One-bedroom and studio apartment homes
- Spacious closets
- Barrier-free bathrooms with contrasting color scheme
- Walk in shower with built in bench seat and hand rails
- Large windows offering views of the outdoors and natural lighting
Waltonwood at Twelve Oaks provides a warm comforting ambience through pleasant and peaceful multi-sensory experiences, allowing our residents to relax and feel secure within their environment. Your loved one will become an important member of our community family.