Resident Wellness at Waltonwood
Our residents’ wellness is Waltonwood's top priority, and this goes beyond the physical. We pride ourselves on providing resources and programs for the all-around wellness of our residents by taking care of the body, mind, and spirit. Our Life Enrichment programming is tailored to the specific needs and interests of our residents to keep them involved and active at every life stage.
Waltonwood’s Life Enrichment programming offers activities designed to encourage personal growth and the pursuit of a purposeful life, by fulfilling residents’ personal, relational, and educational needs. Created in partnership with the Institute of Gerontology at Wayne State University, we feature opportunities for education, exercise, arts and culture, making new friends, and discovering new passions.
Regardless of the care level, Waltonwood offers a wide-ranging selection of activities and social activities, all led by our Life Enrichment Managers. These include educational courses, seminars, trips and outings, garden projects, museum visits, games, entertainment, cultural and social activities, and much more.
Many residents also lead their local clubs or committees, and others take part in the various Waltonwood resident councils. Additionally, each Waltonwood community features its own “Hobby and Crafts Room” where residents can teach or take part in classes to learn new arts, crafts, and other skills.
Stay Forever Fit
Staying physically active and healthy is essential at any age, especially for our senior residents who aim to maintain their independence and the highest possible quality of life. The Waltonwood "Forever Fit" exercise program provides the perfect resource for each resident to thrive in his or her own unique way. By combining strength, endurance, balance, coordination and flexibility exercises in a safe and enjoyable environment the Forever Fit Program helps to keep our residents active and motivated.
Under the direct supervision of our Fitness Coordinators each Waltonwood community provides an array of exercise options formatted specifically to suit the needs of both independent and assisted living residents.
Through a variety of class offerings and fitness centers outfitted with the latest in strength training equipment from HUR health and fitness, each Waltonwood community rises to meet the needs of active, exercising older adults. By creating an accessible, individualized plan for each new participant the Waltonwood Forever Fit Program is one that aims to reach as many residents as possible stressing the importance of daily physical activity and exercise regardless of limitations or perceived weaknesses.
No matter the age or experience level, the benefits of regular exercise are something we can all reap the benefits of. Below are just a few of the many key features the Waltonwood Forever Fit exercise Program offers:
- Free and open to all independent living residents, The Senior Fitness Test(SFT) is a six-part assessment designed to gauge levels of muscle strength, aerobic endurance, flexibility and agility & dynamic balance. Each portion will provide an important baseline result that better helps our Forever Fit associates as they work to ensure your exercise experience is of the highest caliber each and every workout.
- A continuity of services that reinforces healthy habits and promotes well-being.
- Fitness coordinators who uphold the values and mission of the company — they know our residents and regularly interact with family members.
- Fitness coordinators who help each resident increase or maintain independence promote a stress-free lifestyle and improve self-esteem.
- Fitness coordinators who motivate residents who have completed a rehabilitation program, to continue exercising in a safe and enjoyable environment
- Life-enrichment programs that foster relationships and encourage a sense of belonging within our Waltonwood communities.