How Waltonwood University is responding to the COVID-19 virus and flu season
As concerns continue to grow in the United States, we'd like to take this time to address the Coronavirus (COVID-19). At Waltonwood University, it is our policy to take measures to prevent communicable diseases such as the Coronavirus and protect each resident and employee. Our team is knowledgeable on the guidelines from the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and are reinforcing safety precautions in our communities. We are regularly updating residents, staff and family members of the actions we've taken to protect them, as well as answering questions and explaining what they can do to protect themselves and others.
As we focus on prevention, we are enhancing cleaning and procuring additional supplies and equipment and offering hand sanitizer throughout each community. We have updated our screening procedures for visitors to only allow medically necessary visitors into our communities. If a confirmed case were to occur, our response team would continue to act in full compliance with the CDC and remain in contact with local and state health authorities. Our top priority will always be the health and safety of our residents. We are committed to keeping our residents, their family members and staff apprised of this ever-changing situation.
For more information, please contact email@example.com
What We've Done
- Communicating daily with residents about changes at the community.
- Limiting exposure of our residents both within and outside of the community with stay at home orders.
- Screening procedures in place for medically necessary visitors.
- Isolation protocols in place as necessary.
- Re-educating our teams on World Health Organization (WHO) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) infection control protocols.
- Reinforcing safety precautions in our communities.
- Created a Waltonwood University response team which includes community, regional, and company representatives.
- Securing additional supplies and equipment necessary for prevention efforts.
- Enacted a non-essential business travel ban.
- Associates must stay home if they feel sick.
- All Waltonwood associates are required to get the flu vaccination.
Family Members of Residents
- Regular communication updates to our residents and family members.
- Implemented visitor restrictions to only medically necessary visits.
- Answering questions and explaining what family members can do to protect themselves and others.